Just thought I would update you on the colors I have been leaning towards. I still haven't picked an exact date yet, but I know that I want the wedding to be in October 2013! So, yay for that! And with that choice comes the ever important decision on which fall colors to use. I do love the traditional fall color palette, except that I am not too keen on using a ton of orange. I am leaning further away from Halloween season colors and more towards November/Thanksgiving/Holiday sort of colors. Below are a few palettes that I could see myself using. I am really drawn to the golds and cranberry colors as well as to the browns, greens, and ivory mixtures. Still haven't totally committed, but at least I'm getting there! All of theses pictures and color palettes come from an amazing website called theperfectpalette.com if you are interested at looking for other colors this is a great place to start.
1)
Above, is a sort of brown, copper, gold palette that I really like.
2)
This is a little more orange-y than I like, but it makes me think I could go for a more shiny copper color in place up straight up orange.
3)
I think this one is probably one of my favorites. I am especially in love with the bouquet! It is basically the exact thing I have been looking for. I would probably add a little more of the cranberry color and a little less of the yellow but I love how warm and cozy these colors feel.
Here is the bouquet close up:
Ah I just love it!
4)
This one I would lay off a little on the cranberry color but I love the gold/cranberry mix with the softer brown and white.
5)
Last but not least is this purple-y color palette. I have been wrestling with the thought of purple and I like this combination with the blog and the darker purple. I can't decide if it's really a color that I want but the picture makes it look beautiful.
So, those are some of the colors I have been looking at. Hope you enjoyed reading it! Any comments you have would be great!
xoxo






My sister's wedding is going to be on October 26th 2013 at the west point chapel and her colors are pumpkin and champagne :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE #3! The gray and yellow mixed with burgundy is lovely!
ReplyDelete